On 19th July, the government changed the law around COVID-19 and from this date it’s up to individuals and businesses to follow government guidance on what measures are needed to stay safe.
While this will mean an end to the legal requirement for wearing face coverings and social distancing in shops and on public transport, the government has passed the responsibility of choosing what COVID-19 restrictions to keep in place to us.
We’ve used our risk assessments and the latest government guidance to review how we provide our services to you, and have decided to continue with the following measures for the time being to help keep you and our colleagues safe.
Until further notice, our office remains closed to customers.
Customer services centre
Our teams are here to help you. Our Customer Services Centre remains open and you can still reach us by calling:
General enquiries: 020 8778 6699
The line is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Monday–Friday.
Repairs freephone: 0800 393 338.
The line is staffed from 8am to 5pm, Monday–Friday.
Outside normal office hours, a recorded message will give you further information.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we’ll do to keep you safe:
- Wear face coverings when we’re in your home
- Carry out regular hand washing
- Maintain social distancing in your home
- Keep the time we visit you in your home to an absolute minimum
When we visit you in your home we’d like to ask you to:
- Stay in an another room where possible and at least 2 metres away from our colleagues when they are working
- Wear a face covering when our colleagues are in your home if you can’t be in another room
- Continue to tell us if you or anyone in your household is self isolating or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Please keep your windows open to improve ventilation
If a Hexagon colleague feels unsafe at any time, they can leave your home.
Financial support to you
We understand that you may be concerned about your finances, especially as the furlough schemes end and the additional £20 Universal Credit stops in September, please get in touch with your Revenue Officer and talk to them about any issues you are having. We’ll help you as much as we can.