Salvatore registered onto our Love London Working project in June 2021 after being out of work for over 12 months and struggling financially or quite some time. He needed something part-time with flexible hours to fit around his childcare responsibilities. Salvatore was able to have an in-depth initial discussion with a Hexagon employment advisor and agree a plan of action to help him move back into work.
During Salvatore’s time on the project he accessed the following support
- CV development support leading to an updated CV
- A zoom interview skills session
- Referral to money management support and debt advice through Stepchange, who completed an in-work benefit calculation for him, then also provided information on managing his money and debt.
- Support to access Transport for London apprenticeships and hospitality vacancies.
- Regular 1-1 zoom appointments where he accessed careers information, advice and guidance and discussed his job search progress.
- Support with travel costs for a hospitality work trial.
Salvatore found work as a Chef in a school, with hours that suited his personal circumstances and responsibilities. We gave him further support with his travel expenses for his first month of employment and his advisor kept in regular contact to check he is enjoying his work.
Salvatore said: I want to thank you for the support I received from the project. After a few months thanks to the help and support, I was able to find a job. Now I work in a school as a chef.